Welcome to my Blog about fitness, workouts, diet and about my personal fitness journey
We all have different style for everything in life, different values, different goals, but we all do have something in common. We all want to be healthy & happy.
We all reach the point when we hit the wall and when we find that is absolutely impossible to force ourself to get moving, to start eating healthy and to start giving ourselves the attention we deserve.
Everyone will say it is a choice. In most cases I would agree. But what about people who have been through some tough times, who have been battling bad relationships, loss of a parent or family member, job loss, mums with newborns or simply challenging children, single parents, injuries etc. There is a one thing we all have in common. We will have a reason for our loss of motivation. Sometimes we need time to recharge, sometimes we need time to grieve, we are unwell and we need time to heal and sometimes we do just use it as an excuse to make a decision when enough is enough. It is comfortable to sit back and make no effort because we are giving nothing towards things that could potentially make us feel better and who would make such a positive changes on our lives.
This is just an example from my life. I can see how much I am happier to spend time with my kids, engaging with them and being WITH them, rather then just be physically present, when I feel better with my own self, when I look after myself, when I eat normal food, not just eating their leftovers from their plates and when I really think I have to spend some time on my own, or have to go to the gym to let the steam out or just to have 5 min to breathe in peace. I am happier. I am able to provide my kids, my clients and myself more kindness, love and care when I happy. Happiness comes from the inside of us....
Here are few tools you can use and they will make a positive changes on your well being.
1. Remove negative people from your life and surround yourself with people who support you. Negative people will just suck the life out of you and whatever you decide, they will try to convince you why the good changes are not good for you.
2. Start making time for yourself, make the time for things you truly care about. Plan them. Book them in your diary. It is so important to do things that make you happy. I for example love going shopping on my own, so I have time to wonder around and completely switch off from everything and have an opportunity to enjoy to browse.
3. Spend time outdoors and enjoy the sunshine. Sunshine makes us feel good! Spring is coming and hopefully we'll have less cold and more beautiful sunny days! Catch those rays. You will feel instantly happier!
4. Be active. The more you move, the more your body will make you move more because it is natural to keep active. While we sit, we have no motivation to move. I am not saying go and get yourself a gym membership, because sometimes this doesn't help either. Get yourself a step counter and see first how much you move. If you don't move much, just set yourself a target to increase the average steps by 1.000 steps per week and you can aim few weeks down the line to do in between 8.000 and 10.000 steps.
5. Make little changes week by week. People get overwhelmed when they get a meal plan to follow and that is completely different from their lifestyle. That will last less then a week and then you will start to go back to your old habits. Make little changes. Choose instead of white bread (rice) - wholegrain bread (rice). Then next week instead of 2 slices, eat 1 slice. You don't eat veggies? Just start putting a little bit on your plate, rather then to fill up your whole plate and you will be put off as you didn't get used to it. Drinking too much tea? Just cut down slowly. Drinking cows milk? Swap for almond milk. Loving fruit? Swap it for blueberries, raspberries. Instead of a chocolate, try dark chocolate with 82% cocoa.
I hope you get the point. Make little changes that are possible to keep in a long term.
Every little effort you do, counts!
Wishing you all a lovely day and speak to you soon!
Passionate about fitness, happiness, dreams!